Accounts Receivable Officer
Main duties and responsibilities:
? Review and control of the Accounts Receivable function as required including:
- Maintenance of the master data;
- Daily review and posting of cheques and cash received;
- Identify any customer deductions from payments and ensure posted to the relevant accounts payable ledger and processed accordingly;
- Issue customer statements on a monthly basis;
- Monitor outstanding receivables and chase accordingly;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve queries;
- Requesting credit notes to be raised;
- Monitor and control adherence to credit terms;
- Credit Insurance:
? Take credit report on new accounts;
? Apply for insured credit limits;
? Quarterly declarations of Insured Turnover; and
? Reporting of overdue accounts.
- Ensure that the major receivables are reconciled with the customer on a monthly basis; and
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
? To be part of the overall finance team ensuring that the department as a whole maintains the highest level of professionalism, integrity and service. This will involve the answering of telephones, efficient/effective filing, adhering to the clean desk policy and all other aspects that encourage the provision of a professional service to internal and external customers. Minor, Weir and Willis Limited
? To be responsible for upholding health and safety within the immediate work area, reducing risks and raising concerns to your manager. The duties and responsibilities listed above would be those normally required of you. However, it is a condition of your employment that you undertake other reasonable tasks as and when the business dictates or when requested by your manager.
Core Skills & Competencies
? Experience working within a finance function;
? Well organised and able to work to agreed deadlines;
? Adaptable - able to change to keep pace with company growth;
? Communicate and escalate issues as appropriate in a timely manner;
? Problem solving - solve problems where they are within your remit and inform your manager of actions taken;
? Pro-actively help others in the team when they need help;
? Continuously suggest improvements to processes; and
? Intermediate Excel skills.