Automation Site Supervisor
Siamo Group are currently recruiting for an experienced 'Automation Site Supervisor' on behalf of a leading company in the industrial automation field, at a global level.
What They do
Combining innovative engineering solutions with easy to use, open automation and enabling technologies, this organization helps companies of all sizes - and across a wide range of industrial segments - leverage the full potential of digital manufacturing. The Companies competency stems from 50 years of field proven-experience and a strong presence within every major industrial country.
Assisting the Site Manager in preparing sites prior to the commencement of production work (to set out the site and organize facilities) and ensuring that the correct completion of work is carried out as per project plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main areas of responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the portion of system/line from the design stage, through to the Customer acceptance
- Assist the Site Manager assuring the resources allocation, workload, efficiency!
- Assist the Site Manager to keep engaged and motivate the site team to achieve project goals (scope, time, cost and quality).
- Assist the Site Manager to assess and accept, or require changes, to the tenders received from
- Assist the Site Manager to site plan and budget definition (scheduling, internal and external resources required and quantity and type of equipment, cost forecast) and site workforce plan.
- Assist the Site Manager to Guarantee compliance with health & safety local normative and
- Assist the Site Manager to manage the known risks and ensure the right approach on unforeseen unknown events.
- Assist the Site Manager to manage the supplier (internal and external) activities acceptance (suppliers sign-off) Attend periodical review meetings with site team/sub-
- Ensure properly quality Site Milestones completion in according with time schedule (Time baseline) for specific line, if specific milestones are identified.
- Assist the Site Manager that Customer site workplace follow the common Site Management best practices (E.g.: mobile offices, mobile workshop, storage areas, etc.)
- Assist Site Manager in reviewing project drawings and specifications to gain a full understanding of project scope, client goals and expectations, and resource requirements for each phase of the
- Coordination of employees/contractors involved in the work, reporting to the Site Manager any
Knowledge & Skills
- Customer manufacturing processes /FDS Technology
- GMAW Technology/Hemming Technology
- Laser Technology/Sealing Technology
- Spot Welding Technology/SPR Technology
- Vision Technology/Motion Control Systems - Lenze
- Motion Control Systems - Siemens/SEW
- Automation concepts, software and robotic applications
- Customers production processes
- Electrical drawings and documentation
- Integrated technologies
- Materials and resource allocation
- C&SM Technical drawings, specifications and schedules
- Technology of metallurgy materials, industrial automation and robotics
- Reliability Analysis
- General-purpose IT tools
- Project planning and monitoring
- Comau internal processes / procedures
- Technical reports creation
- Problem solving and decision making methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawings, specifications, schedules, and means and
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of materials and resource allocation, manufacturing and commissioning tools, and execution according to plan specifications
- Project Management knowledge (Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Human Resources, Stakeholders management, Communication etc.)
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Act proactively
- Good communication skill
- Ability to plan and act proactively/Planning and organizing
- Decision-making ability
- High organizational skills and ability to prioritize the work
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating - Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts
- Coaching and Developing human resources - Identifying the developmental needs, coaching, mentoring and improving managed human resource knowledge and skills.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Organizational and team working skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation
- Stress tolerance - Being capable to work with tight scheduling and stressed environment, keeping professional demeanour and without going out of project's targets and timeline.
- Ability to work in multicounty environment
- High school diploma required
- Reading comprehension of technical documents
- A minimum of ten years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience required
- Experience in Mission Critical
- English: intermediate
- 2nd language is recommended
Salary - 40-50k annum, depending on experience, and will be based from site (various sites in the UK)
Hours - 37.5hrs Per Week
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension - 6% employer / 3% employee contributions
- Life Insurance - 4 x salary