Customer Account Manager
Develop, maintain and measure business activity with specific key Clients. Manage all aspects of the company's relationship with the accounts to achieve optimum business retention, profitability and development.
- Retention - Ensures that clients cross functional and geographical operational requirements are proactively identified and serviced. Establishes quality procedures and process improvement, and reviews to continuously attain service improvements.
- Profitability - Understanding the commercial model, monitors profitability, identifies threats and opportunities and implements rectification or development actions accordingly.
- Development - Implements strategies to assist clients in attainment of their corporate growth and efficiency objectives. Implements a programme with the Client to improve their logistics capabilities as measured by cost to value ratios, improved cycle times and improved Client service. Increases the company`s revenues and profitability through providing enhanced value added service
- Sales development from the ground up of specific identified prospective Clients
Key duties and responsibilities
CONTRACT AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Be familiar with the contract, agreed services and their levels with dependent responsibilities
- Monitor delivery of the service levels on a weekly and monthly basis
- Identify trends/problems/potential solutions
- Agree problem escalation process with Client
- Review reports & data
- Assist in delivery of target profit margins and growth objectives.
- Engage with debtor reports and query logs and - where appropriate - intervene and aid the process of on-time payment
MANAGE INTERNAL / EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop long term relationships at all levels within the Clients, suppliers and internal teams
- Internal and external weekly, monthly and quarterly routines of communications/meetings.
- Travel, as necessary
- Identify issues which require engagement of or delegation to internal teams or escalation to the account sponsor
DEVELOP BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
- Develop and maintain an Account Plan & Strategy to compliment the business objectives and those of the Client
- Systematically record, progress and finalise all agreed deliverables
- Maximise opportunities for extending product/ service offerings.
- Keep up to date with market developments in relation to Clients business with the company.
MANAGE CLIENT SERVICE EXECUTIVES
- Create a team plan of engagement for each client
- Goal setting and appraisals
- Development plan for each executive
- Ownership and management of client improvement projects.
- Reporting on status of each project in line with agreed target achievements.
Qualifications and key skills
International / Domestic contract logistics management
Strong communications skills
Team Leadership ability
Business/ Commercial Acumen
Relationship Management ability
Strategic Vision and Planning skills
Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills.
2 years' experience in a strategic client account role
Proven experience of leading/ Chairing client meetings QBRs/ MBRs
Proven experience of Commercial account management
Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback
- P&L Target by Client Maintains a minimum or improve EBIT by 0.2%
- Client Feedback 80% or higher
- Annual client development plan - design and deliver agreed
- Management of team - development performance appraisals
- Stretch target