Credit Controller/Accounts Administrator
Our Client is looking for an experienced Credit Controller/Accounts Administrator to work alongside our Automotive business based in Northampton.
- Credit control for one trading company, including export accounts
- Preparation and review of management accounts for one trading company and 2 non-trading companies, including analysis
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances.
- Looking for someone who has or who is working towards their ACCA qualifications.
- £9.50-£10.50 DOE (Payrise after 12 weeks)
- Management accounts analysis, identifying areas which require further investigation and recommending cost saving opportunities
- Review and calculation of KPI's
- Journal posting and authorization
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end reporting (sales, cashflow)
- Reconciliation of group balances and disclosures, liaise with USA colleagues
- Complete projects assigned by and to support the Head of Finance & Personnel
- Secure timely payment of debtors
- Ensure new customer account opening procedure are adhered to
- Review and advise credit limits for customers
- Minimize bad debts
- Prepare and send monthly customer statements and follow up, answer customer queries
- Work closely with the sales team regarding customers with overdue accounts, on stop accounts, etc.
- Work closely with the business development team with regards to new customer accounts
- Answer queries/find answers to technical queries in Sage, Excel
- Provide reconciled information to support other regulatory returns as required such as EC Sales, Intrastate and Government surveys
- Document retention including contracts
- Year end and audit preparation including tax pack, PBC list
- Stay up to date with legislation and regulations that affect the Company and department
- Ad-hoc VAT, reports, analysis/contract work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly technical competent, with a solid work history that clearly demonstrates high performance
- Naturally inquisitive (investigating discrepancies, analyzing accounts)
- Display and demonstrate a sound understanding of the tasks and roles within the Finance Department and how these tasks affect/interact with other departments
- Able to build relationships and procedures with customers and department managers and those in another group location
- Independent, proactive, dynamic and able to improve systems with support from Head of Finance & Personnel
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate-Advanced Microsoft Excel user and excellent reporting skills
- Experience of SAGE200 desirable but not essential.
- Full Time 39-40.5 hours per week (1pm finish on Fridays) but with the ability to be flexible with working hours, where required
- Start date ASAP
- Salary dependent on experience