Role: CNC Engineer
Location: outskirts of Cirencester
Working hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm Mon - Thurs, 7:30am - 11:30 am Friday.
Salary: Depending on Experience £23,000 - £26,500
To ensure all production area activities are scheduled to achieve customer delivery request dates. Scheduling will
include optimizing labour utilization. Be proactive in identifying and resolving issues of material and resource planning
to remove blockages in achievement of customer delivery request dates.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Produce job cards for parts and work order and container sheets for builds.
- Schedule picks with Stores.
- Create and publish the production plan to achieve customer delivery request dates
- Create and maintain the production capacity plan in conjunction with the shop floor Supervisors
- Maintain accurate records of dispatch performance to customer request date. Analyse by key product types. Identify and report key areas of under performance
- Use details within shortage schedules to influence the materials department to achieve the date requirements dictated by the production plan on purchased parts.
- Ensure the Machine and Fabrication departments are loaded to deliver a smooth & constant supply of parts to the assembly departments enabling achievement of customer delivery request dates.
- Ensure the production departments are loaded to achieve targeted lead times.
- Liaise with sales and manufacturing on scheduling new product and spare parts orders.
- Create and maintain a production capacity plan.
- Take a pro-active role in production meetings to drive forwards all activities impacting performance to customer delivery request dates.
- Ensure correct maintenance of all Kanban systems within the production department.
- Liaise with all managers and supervisors as appropriate on all issues impacting the production plan.
- Monitor WIP and anticipate potential problems.
- Work with Production Controller to cover Controller holidays and absence.
- Consistently apply the Company's rules and procedures relating to safety, conduct and discipline.
- Other tasks as requested by and agreed with the Manufacturing Director.
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times.
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), Office environment
- Computer Literate - proficient in Word and Excel
- GSCE Maths, English or equivalent
- Production Planning experience
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Health cash level 2
- Company pension plus other employee paid flexible benefits
- Life insurance
Do not hesitate to apply if the above fits you well.
I look forward to hearing from you.