Siamo Recruitment are working in partnership with their prestigious client in Wellingborough, and are looking to recruit a CMM Programmer.
Salary: Dependant on experience (up to £45000 per annum)
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained through product
conformance to agreed quality standards and processes. The responsibility of the CMM
Programmer is to creating inspection programmes for co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) to
generate appropriate and accurate data to inform the business and customers.
- Create and/or amend programmes for existing CMM machines, perthometer and surface
roughness measuring equipment in support of production and customer quality requirements,
proficiently interpreting geometric dimensioning and tolerances from drawings and models.
- Perform standard measurements using Vernier height gauges, micrometer and similar
equipment as required.
- Conduct appropriate training for CMM inspectors in all MPT measurement
equipment/systems as necessary.
- Operate CMM as required to support production covering for absence if necessary.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) with programmes, one-off checks and measurement
support for PPAP submissions, capability studies etc. as required.
- Support reverse engineering functions with measurement data.
- Analyse and report dimensional, statistical, capability and measurement system data using QStat
software to the Quality Engineers, Quality Team Leader and/or Project Team.
- Liaise with Quality Engineers on key quality problems, supporting 8D activities.
- A Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is essential.
- Studying for or have achieved Institute of Quality Assurance membership is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience, preferably within an automotive environment, is
essential, covering APQP and Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Proven experience of CMM programming:
- Zeiss experience is required;
- Mitutoyo experience is desirable.
- Proven experience of first principle measurement activities.
- Proven experience of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) activities.
If you consider yourself suitable for the above role please email your CV and you will be contacted for immediate interview.
If you require any further information please click apply and a member of the dedicated team from Coventry will be in touch.