Despatch Coordinator - Permanent Position
Job Title: Despatch Coordinator (Permanent Position)
Reports To: Financial Controller
- Salary: £26,520.00 per annum pro-rated.
- Hours: Standard hours of 40 hours per week, 7.30am to 4.30pm Mon to Thurs, 7.30am to 1.30pm Fri, with half an hour for lunch.
- ** MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH IMPORTING/EXPORTING ***
The role will require an individual to have previous experience in UK import and Export procedures and customs. The role is primarily to despatch product to customers who are based across the world. This role will in effect be a job share with our existing despatch coordinator and will spend time improving controls and systems and recording the revised working practices. This individual is self-motivated and is capable of working alone, against tight delivery schedules working for a growing busy manufacturing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranging delivery via courier
- Arranging delivery via air & sea freight
- Responsible for carrier bookings and communication.
- Preparation of necessary export documentation ensuring compliance with local and overseas regulations including interface with the Chamber of Commerce and associated bodies.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Logistics, Import and Export shipping operation to ensure timely and accurate dispatch of customer orders
- Producing Commercial Invoice, packing list & certificates of origin, and file these electronically onto our computer system.
- Dealing with customers via email and telephone
- Liaising with credit control to check customer's account status, and Sales to ensure shipping is to customer requirements and dates.
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, be comfortable in a hands-on role, and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload while dealing with multiple tasks efficiently and with limited supervision. Must understand the critical importance of accuracy when completing documentation.
- Understands legal and regulatory requirements for importing / exporting of goods for the UK.
- Clear communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of using SAP. (Desirable).
- Be a team player in a small environment.
- Recent and relevant office based experience in Export, Logistics, Shipping, Freight Forwarding and/ or Haulage.
- Able to pick skills up quickly in a busy environment.
- Money Purchase pension plan with employer contribution of 4%. Can be auto-enrolment or salary sacrifice.
- Life assurance plan after one year of service.
- 25 days holiday pro-rated plus statutory days.
- Free car parking on site.
If you fee you would be suitable for the role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org