Design Engineer- Permanent Position
Job Title: Design Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Design Manager
Permanent Position - Full time
Siamo Recruitment are current recruiting for a permanent Design Engineer for our prestigious client based in Redditch B98.
You will be involved with the mechanical design and development of a range of products. In addition, you will ensure that the day-to-day requirements arising from sales, production and fabrication departments are dealt with accordingly. This includes amendments, maintenance and the upkeep of existing designs and drawings, as well as the creation of BoMs and route cards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design and development of assemblies and components using Solidworks 3D.
- Carry out considered design changes to existing products.
- Creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials and manufacturing route cards.
- Support other departments, when required, on issues of a technical nature.
- Provide technical support to suppliers where modifications of products are required.
- When required, test products and create test reports.
- At least 3 years experience in a technical design role (engineering environment preferable)
- Experience in designing from customer specifications using 3D and 2D design software (Use of Solidworks and AutoCAD 2D is preferable)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office is required, with a knowledge of SAP being advantageous.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum HNC, preferred in mechanical engineering. However, experience within an engineering and manufacturing design environment would also be considered.
- Understanding of technical drawings - reading and producing
- A full understanding of dimensional tolerances preferably with a grasp of geometric tolerancing.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team with excellent communication skills.
- Strong Maths and IT skills.
- High attention to detail, with a thorough approach to work produced.
- Calm under pressure with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Follow office etiquette.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org