The Siamo Group are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager.
The role will focus on evaluating existing and proposed new products and providing support to the Technical and Purchasing departments. This position has a central role within the organisation and requires the skills and experience necessary to meet the expectations of the business and its customers with a real emphasis on improving the 'new product to market' process.
The role would be ideally suited to a qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with previous experience working as a Test Engineer or Manager.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Testing the safety, design, performance and compliance of new products.
- Compiling reports / findings on all tests conducted.
- Updating product test log and technical files.
- Create product construction files, declarations of conformity and technical briefs for new products.
- Maintain and update product construction files with updated certification, product change information and declarations of conformity.
- Ensure corrective actions raised on product evaluations are checked and prioritised.
- Dealing with technical questions and queries from other departments regarding product.
- Provide information on product standards and EU legislation for the product range.
- Advise all departments of potential and updated legislation changes.
- Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels to ensure all quality / test needs and requirements are met swiftly and efficiently.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Qualified to HND/HNC or City & Guilds level in mechanical / electrical engineering.
- Must have a good understanding of electromechanical tools and equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of product standards, directives and legislation in terms of product design, functionality and safety.
- Experience working on imported consumer products would be advantageous.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems.
- Thorough and professional.
- Strong ability to work well under pressure.
- Salary Dependent on Experience
- Annual salary review
- Bonus twice yearly based subject to performance
- 20 days holiday
- Company Contribution Pension scheme with Life Assurance
- On-site parking
For more information on this role, please contact Jordan May on 0114 273 7741.