Our popular client based in Cranfield in currently looking for a Procurement/Finance Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role of the Procurement/Finance Administrator is to provide efficient and effective support to the procurement team, assisting with the administration involved around the processing of purchasing goods/services and their related financial activities for the University, ensuring efficient acquisition of goods and services and accurate financial recording of commitments.
A key part of the role is to support the purchasing team taking ownership of the central inboxes, categorising emails accordingly, taking action against emails when appropriate, setting up new suppliers as and when needed.
Some reviewing and approving of requisition from a procurement perspective, ensuring they are negotiated, ordered through the right sources of supply and they are accurate e.g. correct line item details; quantities; pricing; units of measure; delivery dates, and correct internal line level coding is applied.
Other parts of the role centre on goods receipting, invoice discrepancy management, and maintaining accurate Purchase Order and Goods Receipting records.
- Manage emails received into the central inboxes, distributing to the appropriate team member.
- Dealing with all order acknowledgements checking these against orders raised, dealing with queries arising from this, both with the suppliers and internal customers, gaining approval for any additional spend, updating orders to reflect any changes to ensure 3 way matching can be achieved when invoice is received.
- Look into any undelivered email alerts which are received as a result of automated order being sent out to invalid email addresses, making sure that the order is subsequently received by the supplier, updating the contact details on the system.
- Manage the New Supplier set up process, actively resolving and addressing errors or duplications, demonstrating an awareness on the IR35 Legislation.
- Ensuring provision of supplier travel and subsistence costs are detailed on the purchase order as a line items or agreed parameters noted as a special condition of the purchase order.
- Ensuring there is accurate line level coding for spend management purposes.
- Demonstrating an awareness and compliance with COSHH procedures
- Actively expedite deliveries making purchase order date adjustments as necessary. Manage outstanding purchase order commitments on a monthly basis and at year end for auto accrual calculations
- A minimum of one year experience in a busy administrative role, delivering professional, efficient and timely results.
- Relevant IT skills and working knowledge of finance systems, preferably Agresso.
- Basic Procurement knowledge.
Gym on Site
Discounts offered on staff and catered areas around site
Free Car Parking
34 days holiday
£20,152 to £22,462 per annum with additional performance related pay up to £25,834 per annum.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate!
Closing date 24th February.