Siamo recruitment are representing an award-winning organisation, keen to on board a Finance Manager, within their Cirencester based, newly renovated HQ. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and join a busy yet rewarding company.
In this role, you must have the ability to oversee and lead a team of expert purchase ledger, sales ledger, and procurement individuals, whilst having a solid understanding of management accounting functions, where you will work with inflows and outflows of around £20m.
This Finance Manager potion will see you working directly with the Finance Director, where you will have a fast-tracked progression plan for your career, ideally within the first 1 - 2 years hitting more senior potions.
As a Finance Manager you will be retaining a clean Audit when reporting to external stakeholders, providing continuous development of the financial systems, and line manage the finance team of two dedicated and experienced professionals.
This role would suit someone with in depth knowledge around day-to-day finance functions and activities, with a real passion for audits and naturally gifted at working with high value numbers and complex finance procedures.
What are the benefits of this role?
- 30 days Holiday Plus Bank holiday + 5 days off over Christmas
- GPS defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance)
- Sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site car parking
- On-site fitness suite
- Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme
Your responsibilities as a Finance Manager:
- Building effective lines of communication with the Finance Director to support high quality cost and cash management.
- Responsibility operating budget after consultation with budget holders.
- Oversee the main revenue grant requirements.
- Preparation of the first draft salary budget for submission.
- Preparation of timely monthly financial statements
- Oversee the month-end and year-end processes.
- Preparation of the first draft pre-audit statutory financial statements.
- Bringing anomalies to the Finance Directors attention at the earliest instance.
- Dealing directly with Budget holders on the Finance Directors behalf.
- Lead and line-manage the Finance team including recruitment and appraisals.
- Develop improvements in financial reporting systems, providing managers with reports that are timely, accurate, presentable, and relevant.
The experience expected for this Finance Manager position:
- Proficient in Excel & Word.
- A willingness to learn and exploit systems including power-point and similar presentational systems
- Commitment to excellent communication channels with the Finance Director in order to maintain the clean audit record and excellent financial accountability standards.
- Excellent report presentation skills.
- Well organised, especially with regard to administration, prioritising workload, and meeting reporting deadlines.
- Excellent stakeholder service skills and reputational awareness.