FLT / Yard Operative, M-F
FLT Operative, Monday - Friday, Temp-Perm, Immediate Start
Are you looking for a rewarding, active position which will allow you to gain valuable experience within a family run business? Our client is looking for FLT Operatives on a temporary - permanent basis.
With over 180 years' trading experience, our client has grown to provide not only the widest range of products, but expertise, service and knowledge within their field. With a nationwide network of branches supplying timber and building materials, kitchens and a dedicated manufacturing division supplying timber engineering services, they are focused on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value.
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 5pm
- £9.50 per hour (increase upon permanent contract)
- Attendance bonus potential (up to £85 per month)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Save While you Spend' scheme with over 6,000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Extra company benefits if taken on permanently, such as discounts and rewards.
As an FLT Operative, you need to hold a full, valid forklift licence, with at least counterbalance. Your daily duties will include:
- Palletise products
- Book-in deliveries and cross check goods from paperwork
- Unload deliveries from vans and lorries
- Operate manual handling equipment including counterbalance trucks, pallet trucks, warehouse step ladders and tape guns etc.
- Maintaining organisation of Stores, ensuring stock rotation, and carrying out stock takes.
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy
- Ad-hoc warehouse duties where required such as picking and packing
- Ensure you always use the correct PPE for the task and the PPE used is in good condition.
- Ensure correct manual handling techniques are followed at all times.
The ideal person for this FLT vacancy will:
- Hold a full, valid forklift licence
- Sideloader license is extremely beneficial
- Have previous goods-in experience
- Be a good team player but also have the ability to work well independently
- Possess excellent organisational skills, and attention to detail
- Have Good Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Be computer literate
- Comfortable with heavy lifting up to approx. 20kg
If you would like to give us a call prior to applying out understand any other vacancies we have please call us on 01285 640734 and ask for Lisa for a confidential conversation. We look forward to hearing from you