Logistics Administrator Supervisor
Siamo Recruitment are currently looking for a Logistics Administration Supervisor to support the Logistics Administration team at one of our clients based in Minworth.
The administrator will look after key contracts with various patterns of the demand, therefore, the flexibility, time management and ability to prioritise the job is essential. The person we are seeking will be mainly responsible for:
The hours range between 09.00 to 18.30 Monday to Friday.
Pay - £11.00 per hour. Temp to perm
- Day to day support to the logistics administration department.
- To work within a challenging and demanding environment.
- To investigate and resolve customer and management related queries.
- To be a point of contact for customers and establish a positive focal point as a representative of Europa Worldwide Group.
- Preparation of reports for management and customers (KPI etc.).
- To conduct employee performance reviews and appraisals.
- To develop the team members and to organise required training.
- To promote a positive and supportive working environment equally for all members of the team.
- Keeping up to date with customs warehouse (bond) legislation.
- To deal with despatch and receipt operations of: duty suspended and duty paid stock and hazardous goods.
- To deal with stock operations (adjustments, stock movements, releases).
- To follow the SOPs and update when necessary.
- To monitor performance of parcel and pallet carriers.
- Coordination of transportation details. Essential:
- Previous experience in a 3PL operation.
- Good working understanding of general principles of transport operations.
- WMS experience at super-user level.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package.
- Customer Service experience.
The following will also be seen as beneficial:
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations regarding bonded operations.
- Experience in storage and carriage of dangerous goods.
The ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent PC literacy - MS Excel and MS Word.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility, commitment and dedication.
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
Our client offers a fantastic career progression and training and development. If you have the above experience and would like to work for a fantastic organisation, please apply online.