Our popular client in Bedford is currently looking for Mechanical Assemblers to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are seeking Mechanical Assemblers to assemble component parts to make up finished assemblies in compliance with in house and customer specifications.
The Mechanical Assembler will:
- View priority build board and select kit of parts for next assembly.
- Establish assembly operations from parts list, working instructions and drawings.
- Check kit for correct parts and refer to stores or supervision over any discrepancies.
- Operate overhead travelling gantry crane and provide correct slinging procedure to load and transport large items. * Assemble and test products to specification, referring to working instructions and drawings, using air gun and spanners, paying particular attention to cleanliness of parts.
- Report to supervision any error found in component parts and problems leading to difficulty in assembly. Also report any deficiency in tool or measuring equipment.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision or the health and safety representative.
- Provide support for requirements of ISO 9001.
- To support the implementation of ABS, the continuous improvement process.
- To carry out production and operations related tasks set by the Value Stream Manager.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with building assemblies
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience within a similar assembly environment
Shifts are 6am - 2.30pm (Mon - Thurs) and 6am - 10.30am (Fri) and 2.30pm - 11.pm (Mon - Thurs) and 10.30am - 3pm (Fri). You would need to be able to work both shifts. 37 hours per week.
Competitive salary with discretionary bonus scheme and 25 days holiday.
Apply now or send your email@example.com for a swift response!