Maintenance & Facilities Lead
We are currently recruiting Maintenance & Facilities Leader to work for a recycling firm in Rushden.
To provide efficient and effective preventative maintenance and breakdown cover to both the Rushden and Sharnbrook sites looking after and maintaining machinery and ancillaries. To ensure machinery breakdowns and repairs are controlled in a timely manner and at minimum cost to production. To work off own initiative and prioritise the workload for the maintenance team. It is essential to be able to communicate effectively and understand written and verbal communication.
Hours of Work:
- 00am - 17:00pm Monday to Friday
Rate of Pay:
£14-16 Per Hour
- Ensure all checks are completed to company requirements.
- Ensure all Health and Safety, Environmental and Housekeeping standards and requirements are adhered too at all times. Ensuring you always work in a safe manner, following company policies and procedures and any breaches are reported to your line manager or any member of the management team immediately.
- To be committed to and champion a strong SHEQ culture on site. Safeguarding that staff are competent, adequately trained and supported to enable them to carry out their duties safely.
- Maintain a robust internal control environment in order to comply with procedures in line with ISO 9001 & 14001 regulations
- Utilise and train both Engineers and Operatives for TPM requirements where appropriate.
- Record, monitor and analyse all breakdowns by implementing KPI's for each area of the equipment and ensure the underlying root causes are actioned and improvements are implemented in the agreed timescale.
- To assist the maintenance engineering team when and where required filling in for holidays and assisting on TPM's or breakdowns to ensure all Operations objectives and commercial commitments are met.
- Manage facilities and utility records.
- Manage contractors and costs in line with company policy.
- Manage projects and task with the cooperation of relevant teams and managers.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance engineers.
- Monitor operations of plant equipment and systems and make observations.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job, as requested by the Operations Director.
We are looking for the following:
- Qualified Electrical or Mechanical Engineer - Electrical bias. 17th edition qualified or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Effective Communicator at all levels
- Experience of using Ladders / Scaffolding / MEWP
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of technical competence
- Ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated and driven to achieve set targets
- IOSH Managing Safely
- LEAN Six Sigma green belt
- Forklift truck License
- IPAF license
Siamo is an Award-Winning agency who look after their employees and in return for your hard work we offer a generous benefits package, which includes:
- Contributory pension
- Holiday accrual
- High street savings and voucher schemes
- Employee assistance program offering financial, medical, and mental wellbeing support.
- All workers will have access to an easy to use app or online portal to get the most from all our benefits.
- Excellent Opportunity for a permanent position with progression opportunities
We have a dedicated team who ensure you are safe at work and who are contactable always to ensure the support you need
- *COVID-19 - Risk assessments have been carried out to ensure the safety of all workers*
How to Apply:
Please apply and we shall contact you immediately for an informal chat about the position - we are here to answer all your questions.
Our recruitment process is quick and easy and can be done digitally. We carry out video interviews (Via Teams, Whatsapp, Facetime, Skype) which means the registration process can work around you and your commitments.
The right candidate could start tomorrow, so apply now or alternatively call Northampton Branch and ask to speak to Chris.