Mould shop operator
- Based In a manufacturing setting; Mould shop operatives required in SOUTHEND ON SEA, SS9
The successful candidates will be required to meet the following functions and responsibilities:
- Operate and set Mould machines from (20T - 220T) fully auto
- Must be willing to work across all production areas.
- Able to fault diagnose Mould process issues and tooling.
- Ensure efficient running.
- Identify improvements.
- Participate in improvement teams and initiatives.
- Actively support waste reduction initiatives.
- Carry out own Inspection Functions.
- Participate in two-way communications with the team and attend relevant accountability meetings
- Reach a high level of competence for all the processes: so you are able to coach other team members, to ensure Safety, Quality & that output targets are met
- May be expected to work other shift patterns.
- Ideally NVQ 3 thermoplastic certificated. / good knowledge of thermoplastic materials
- Ideally worked for min of 5 years with in high volume moulding environment
- Monitor and improve Health, Safety & Environment performance
- Ownership of the process on a daily basis to maximise machine efficiency and meet production plan.
- Must be fully committed to achieving the team's objectives and targets
- Fully conversant with all aspects of Molding process
- Must be proactive towards improvement ideas/programmes
- Must be physically fit as standing, walking and lifting work will be involved
- Must be self motivated and able to work using their own initiative
- Must be familiar with all associated quality standards
- Must be willing to adapt to new working practices and techniques
- Must be able to operate within a high volume production environment
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma implementation would be a significant advantage
HOURS OF WORK:
3 shift patterns:
06.00am - 14.00pm
10.00pm - 06.00am
Please apply by sending your CV or text ,,OPERATOR,, to 07816505614