Graduate Design Tech
Siamo recruitment are working in partnership with their prestigious client based in Northampton, and are looking to recruit a Graduate Design Tech.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am- 5pm
Salary: Between £20,000 - £25,000 p/a
Contract Type: Permanent
Essential for role of Graduate Design Tech:
- Degree in electronics or associated engineering subject.
- A demonstrable aptitude for electronics. Will have been interested in guitar amps, consumer electronics and circuitry, or mechanical construction/design as a hobby or in a previous role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, numerical and analytical skills, Bass/guitar player, High level of attention to detail, Highly organised ,Independent and self-reliant and a flexible approach to work
Main Activities / Tasks:
- Assisting in day-to-day R&D new product development activities
- General duties within the department, such as keeping laboratories and sound-room tidy and well stocked
- Setting up and performing sound tests and competitor evaluations
- Assisting in the building and testing of prototypes
- Sourcing components for prototype production and testing
- Writing and performing new product test procedures and recording/presenting results
- The modification of electronics schematics, with guidance from the Design Engineers
- The modification of PCB artworks using CAD, with guidance from the Design Engineers.
- Creation and maintenance of parts lists and associated documentation on assigned projects
- The maintenance and filing of approvals documentation
- Project Management
- The creation and upkeep of project plans and timescales
- Coordinating activities between the UK and China design resources on given projects
- Updating the R&D manager daily and provide written reports
- Occasional travel to OEMs in the Far East if required
If you think you are suitable for the role and are looking for a long term position with a well known company, please click Apply today with a copy your CV.