Onsite Calibration Engineer
Award winning recruitment company, Siamo Recruitment are looking to recruit a Onsite Calibration Engineer, for a valued client based in Coventry.
Role: Calibration Engineer (Based onsite at customers premises across the UK, and possibly Ireland)
Salary: Up to £35000 per annum (dependant on experience) - With a Company Car provided.
Term: Permanent Role
Hours: 39 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Responsible for the Calibration and Service of Measuring Machines and Instruments onsite at Customers premises - significant travel in the UK and possible travel in Ireland is a prerequisite of this role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring their day to day activities are carried out including their actions, in a manner that meets the requirements of BS EN ISO 17025:2017.
- Maintain records of measurement and traceability for each machine or instrument calibrated
- Advise / liaise with customers on calibration, sales and repair of measuring equipment
- To review and sign certificates and reports as an approved signatory
- To perform tasks in accordance with the agreed procedures
- Ensure customer requirements are met, and to perform contract reviews when required
- Liaise with the Quality and Technical Manager on technical aspects and the efficiency of the company activities.
- Supervision of trainees where for areas that the individual has level 4 competence approval - refer to training records.
- The position requires having followed a formal Mechanical Engineering Program to at least a City and Guilds Level 3 or NVQ Level 3: however, in the absence of these formal qualifications be able to write reports; mathematically capable of solving problems involving transposition and trigometric ratios and to be able to understand drawing specifications.
- Minimum of 5 years broad based technical experience in measurement, calibration and / or inspection.
- Minimum of 2 years with the ability to interface with technical and non - technical personnel.
If you are interested and would like to be considered for the role then please apply and our Recruitment Team will be in touch.