Operations Manager Logistics
Operations Manager £35,000pa
Our client is seeking a dynamic and experienced logistics manager to join the team as Operations Manager for this fast-moving site in Milton Keynes.
- To manage the daily throughput of Client intake, Client orders, Deliver Weekly Cycle counts, manage production planning and provide leadership to the operations teams. To motivate, encourage and measure the operations teams in order to deliver a best in class service to our Clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
Manager Job Duties:
Maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees.
Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analysing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements, implementing and measuring operational changes.
- Drive Productivity and Performance maintaining daily Client SLAs.
- Manage the daily throughput of customer orders.
- Ensure outstanding Goods in receipts are completed on a daily basis.
- Develop / Implement and review Operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain weekly Client Inventory Cycle counts.
- Work with the Account Management team to deliver Client expectations.
- Coach and mentor the First Line Management Team through PDP reviews.
- Help promote a Company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Work with HR to manage and control Site standards and procedures.
Qualifications and key skills
Performance Management, Coaching, Supervision, Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback
- Educated to GCSE standard or above.
- Experience in managing minimum 15 staff
- Meets deadlines.
- Reporting of KPIs
- Understanding of multi-user environment
- Knowledgeable in H&S requirements.
- Can contribute ideas and suggestions to team meetings.
- Can identify areas where change of process or procedure can benefit the business and improve customer service.
- Experience of WMS
- Microsoft Office User.
- Deliver daily throughput figures through Shift Handover reporting Departmental performance.
- Conduct warehouse tours for Internal and external Clients and Prospects.
- To apply, promote and practice Company rules and regulations
- To apply, promote and practice Health and Safety instructions and regulations
- To apply and promote all Statutory requirements as instructed
- Embrace, demonstrate and promote good practices at all times
- Undertake a programme of personal development in line with the company process
- Undertake any other duty deemed reasonable by your manager
Regular evening and some weekend work, shift work, and in a highly targeted fast paced environment.
The job holder is required to adequately manage themselves in an environment with the pressure of a fast paced and highly targeted work environment and to communicate any excessive pressure or other types of demands.
This role requires particular physical attributes due to its nature and tasks. A standard of physical health and fitness is required i.e.:
- good vision, good hearing, and mobility