Siamo Group are actively seeking Order Pickers to work on behalf of our client who are based in the Aston area. The company are one of the UK's leading and most recognised multi-channel retailers and we are proud to be recruiting for the newly built hub based in Birmingham. The hub is designed to make fast track services a reality to its customers and allows same day delivery across 20,000 products. We are on the lookout for fresh talent to join the team!
About the role
You will be working in a brand new and well-established distribution centre which is medium in size and with narrow aisles. You will be order picking items for customers which are predominately light in weight but can range from anything from toys to televisions. The role is operated by a voice recognition system and you will be trained to use a headset which will instruct you to pick items from numbered locations around the warehouse. (Please note that you will be required to complete other duties within the warehouse as and when instructed.)
- Previous experience within a warehousing role within the last twelve months, ideally involving order picking.
- Display positive personal attributes by being able to work off own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills are essential and you must display a high level of both written and verbal English to be considered for this role.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are key to the smooth running of the entire operation and so you must have the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A positive working attitude and the capability to take instruction well from team leaders and management.
- Own transport is essential unless you are living locally to Aston and can commute to work for the required start times.
Hours of work and pay:
The hub operates a seven-day service so willingness to work weekends and bank holidays is essential.
- £7.38ph with an £8.70ph night premium between the hours of 23:00pm and 05:00am with weekly pay on a Friday.
- 18:00-02:00AM / 22:00-06:00AM (YOU MUST BE WILLING TO WORK BOTH SHIFTS AS AND WHEN REQUIRED)
This is an ongoing temporary contract but for those who impress a temporary to permanent opportunity could be made available. Professional People Group will never stand in the way of a colleague being offered a permanent position.
It's a nice environment, it's a good team spirit and it's an ongoing job that isn't too physically demanding. This isn't a traditional supermarket type warehousing role - this is narrow aisles, shopping trolleys, headsets and pleasant conditions.
If you feel that you meet the above-mentioned criteria and are available for work with immediate effect, then we want to hear from you!