On-Site Shift Manager
We are now looking to recruit a new member to join the successful team, in the position of On-Site Shift Supervisor, for our prestigious Logistics contract in Reading.
Experience within the Logistics industry is preferred, however, we would look to develop an individual with transferable skills who is looking to take the next step in their career.
In terms of the right person, we are looking for someone with a flexible approach, both towards working hours and in your attitude to work; a sustained work history, ideally within a fast-paced recruitment environment; and a desire to advance your career path.
The ideal candidate is confident and driven, is open to taking on, and developing, new ideas and concepts. The ideal candidate will also enjoy communicating with a variety of people, on different levels, and relish the opportunity to make proactive decisions as well as problem solve and manage a team. Offer exceptional skills in being a great team player, supportive, passionate.
You will also be responsible for ensuring site compliance and all the component parts of our service level agreement, ensuring client requirements are always fulfilled.
Thinking Big means looking beyond the immediate and considering the bigger picture. In this particular role, it also means developing a strong culture of Health and Safety, always adhering to Siamo's Standard Operating Procedures.
As Shift Supervisor, you'll strive to plan beyond your own needs, ensuring the sufficient resourcing of your function. This will include identifying training needs, staying on top of absence & performance management, as well as coaching and continuous monitoring of your department to engender a greater culture of productivity.
Additionally, you will need to constructively critique your department as a whole: making you responsible for tracking, trending and reporting and liaising with other departments to share learnings.
From a leadership perspective, the Shift Supervisor role is also responsible for briefing the wider team, along with reviewing and updating metrics as required. There are more general accountabilities which include, but are not limited to: tracking and reporting working hours and schedules, as well as reassigning shifts to support a constantly changing night shift workload.
- GCSE Maths & English, grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- You will be dedicated to, and take personal responsibility for, meeting and exceeding ambitious production goals,
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills,
- Exceptional service to our customers.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, you're able to handle multiple, occasionally conflicting tasks in a fast-paced environment,
- Ready to Learn and Be Curious: you're willing to train and learn new skills.
- You are a strong People Manager, able to Earn Trust.
- You Deliver Results, are able to handle both long and short-term multiple tasks.
- You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity, and Insist upon the Highest Standards at all times.
- You're flexible - willing and able to work flexible schedules/shifts outside of your regular shift pattern, including nights and weekends, to support the needs.
No task is too small or menial - you roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Previous leadership experience in Warehousing or similar, in a fast-paced environment, would be beneficial to your application,
- A solid understanding of Excel and its application,
- Able to work with KPIs and metrics, being able to analyse large data sets to understand trends and look for root causes.
This will predominately be day shifts 4 on 4 off basis.
There will be an expectation for some weekend working (when required) as well as shared responsibility for an out of hours' mobile phone.
What can Siamo offer you?
Full, on the job development, alongside centralised courses in Essential Legislation, recruitment training and aspects of HR management.
- A genuine, targeted, career progression.
- A starting point, working in partnership with one of the biggest Logistics companies in the UK.
- A very competitive salary, based on experience.
Benefits package including life cover, retails discounts, health, and wellbeing advice.
Structured career progression
- Opportunities To Gain Nationally Recognised Qualifications Via Siamo Training, Following an initial qualifying period, entry onto a NVQ Level 5 in Leadership and Management. Great team environment, support network and guidance.
If this opportunity excites you, and you are looking to take the next step in your career path, please Submit your CV now