Project Assistant / Office Assistant
We are currently looking for a part time Project Assistant/Office Assistant for our client in Sharbrook - Bedfordshire.
This role is for 21 hours per week - ideally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but negotiable; may suit school hours spread over a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Communication & Relationship Skills
- Respond to telephone calls and emails attentively, taking full and comprehensive messages when necessary. To show empathy and understanding when appropriate.
- Communicate in a professional and diplomatic manner ensuring a high quality of service at all times.
- Provide information and maintaining good working relationships.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality in all areas.
Key Relationships: Dental colleagues, health professionals, local authorities;
Analytical & Judgemental
- Deal with telephone enquires in a courteous and proficient manner, to filter calls as necessary and refer on appropriately.
- Assist in data processing to support the oral health programme eg training applications, target setting meetings.
- Produce reports from information available.
- Complete mail-outs.
Planning & Organisational Skills
- Assist and process paperwork relating to the programme, including general clerical duties such as photocopying and collating training packs.
- Assist with the organisation of meetings, ie book venues, order refreshments and provide domestic support as requested.
- Promote, coordinate and accurately record the efficient distribution of the oral health resource service.
- Proficient keyboard skills are required to provide a high standard of word processing skills. To transcribe accurately from written, audio and copy typing, presented in a variety of formats. This will include preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations, minutes, spreadsheets, ie full Microsoft Office package.
- Provide non-clinical advice, information and guidance to the local population.
Policy & Service Development
- Observe CDS policies and procedures on Health & Safety and security, including IT security.
- Maintain a flexible and positive approach to changes in systems and procedures, proposing changes to working practices as appropriate.
Financial & Physical Resources
- The post holder will be responsible for oral health resources, to maintain stocks and ensure items such as models are clean and suitable to be loaned out.
- You will be responsible for taking telephone bookings for the resources and for organising their distribution and collection by health colleagues.
- To demonstrate own duties to new starters.
- Input data onto various software packages.
- Take and transcribe minutes for oral health promotion team meetings if requested.
Research & Development
- Participate in Dental Service clinical governance programmes and other quality initiatives.
Freedom to Act
- Work within standard administrative procedures, with senior oral health improvement team members available for reference.
This role is until earliest of March 2020 and will be reviewed then.
Pay rate of £8.21
Apply now for a swift response