We are currently looking for a Production Engineer to join our rapidly expanding client in Bedford on a permanent basis.
You will work within an ISO 9001 environment, to provide an effective service to manufacturing on production and handling methods. To maintain a supply of tools, CNC programs and equipment necessary to achieve an efficient production process. To provide and set standards for direct labour times.
- Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
- Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
- Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
- Be involved in cross-functional project teams in improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Examine other activities that is services to production and to recommend changes for improved productivity.
- Lead in the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during the initial periods.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- HNC in Production Engineering - Essential
- HND in Production Engineering - Desired
Office hours - 37 hours per week.
25 days holiday and accrual of flexi-time.
Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme.
Apply now or send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org for a swift response!