The Siamo Group are currently recruiting for a Product Engineer
One of the things that makes the client stand out from the crowd is our focus on providing bespoke products to customers within tight lead times. In order to do this, they need talented, enthusiastic people who are keen to excel and love a challenge.
As a Product Engineer, you will manage your own projects from brief through to completion, ensuring that the product they deliver is of the highest quality and makes perfect sense for the customer. As you will be managing many projects from start to finish, they are looking for people who can not only use excellent problem solving skills to propose great product solutions, but people who are passionate about their work and are keen to have a hands on approach during realization and manufacture of products.
In return, what they can promise you is that you will not be stuck behind a desk all day, every day. You will be working with team members in various departments to support them with your skillset, as well as working in a newly created workshop to allow you to have total accountability for the quality of the products you create.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing the Sales Teams with the support required to allow them to meet customer needs in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Modifying and assembling physical components using general workshop equipment (pillar drill, chop saw, laser cutter etc.) as and when required to ensure customers receive a high quality product and service;
- Ensuring that the 'Bills of Materials' for all products are correct;
- Developing and improving existing products to improve profitability and reliability;
- To maintain and modify existing sales codes, to cope with rapidly developing LED technology;
- To ensure that any changes to products are communicated through the change request procedure;
- To create and modify existing 'Bills of Materials' and components in line with change request procedure;
- Providing support to the Engineering and NPD teams during the handover process of New Products and Custom Products;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of all Engineering policies and procedures;
- Any other reasonable request in line with the needs of the department and the business.
What you need to be able to demonstrate:
- Proven ability of handling multiple projects;
- A high standard of written and verbal communication;
- The confidence to negotiate with senior colleagues and liaise with suppliers;
- Experience of a workshop environment and Sage 200 is desirable;
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Family owned business, established over 20 years;
- Great track record for investing in staff;
- Currently expanding and developing a state of the art manufacturing and head office facility;
- Recognised as part of Yorkshire's Fastest 50;
- Enhanced company pension scheme;
- 7 weeks of paid holiday per year.