Production Team Leader
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Team Leader to work for one of our clients in Shefford.
You will contribute to the achievement of your area(s) objectives by being accountable for the delivery of Health and Safety and Operational Excellence for your area(s) whilst motivating, managing and developing your team. You will be accountable for and responsible for monitoring operational KPIs using information to identify improvements for operational performance. The Production Area Leader will also act as a front line extension of the Production Leaders authority and will deputise for the Production Leader as and when required
- Ensure all Team Leaders and Team Members are working safely to standards and practises. Exercise accountability and responsibility through a duty of care for those activities undertaken by Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Assist the Production Leader in driving through a culture change within the Production department with an unwavering focus on Health and Safety and Product Quality. Champion a culture of 'zero' injuries, ensuring all production members are educated and trained in the fundamentals of Health and Safety.
- Take ownership of a Continuous Improvement World Class Manufacturing program within your area(s).
- Assist the Production Leader in regularly reviewing and updating Risk Assessments. Ensure SOPs and SSOW are regularly reviewed, updated, trained out and audited. Ensure Risk Assessments and SSOW are completed following any changes to processes or equipment.
- Ensure all engineering works are reported swiftly and accurately on the Pirana maintenance system. In conjunction with the Engineering team, action plan all breakdowns to minimise disruption and downtime within your area(s).
- Develop a working relationship with the Engineering Team Leaders, the Technical Leader, the Hygiene Leader and the QA supervisor.
- To co-ordinate with all the business functions driving value for the business and the customer.
- Ensure effective positive communication across your team and with other departments. Ensure all Health & Safety concerns, equipment breakdowns, maintenance tasks, quality concerns and potential customer delivery issues are communicated through to the appropriate team in a time sensitive manner.
- Able to delegate jobs and responsibility to your team and be competent in making decisions under pressure.
- Able to drive production via numbers, data and KPIs by focusing on hourly, daily and weekly area(s) performance.
- Encourage a Health and Safety and Product Quality priority mindset with active support and encouragement for Team Leaders and Team Members to voice their concerns regarding Health and Safety or Product Quality issues.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective, robust team member equipment/factory care system.
- Ensure Production planning and scheduling is completed efficiently by utilising resources effectively.
- Ensure all checks and recording systems for work completion (H&S, Quality, Customer, Performance, Maintenance, Delivery, Cost and HR etc.) are correctly checked, completed and compiled with all relevant information clearly and fully recorded and documented.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping ensuring self and team work to Current Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Meet and surpass all external and internal audit standards.
- Be an ambassador for the company at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.