Production Team Leader-Nights
Siamo Group are currently recruiting an experienced Production Team Leader to join our client who are a leading producer of carbon fiber reinforcements and resin systems, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry based in Leicester.
This will be a straight permanent contract
Salary - Between £31,000-£32,000
Hours - 19:00-07:00 Shifts are 12 hour shifts, 2 days on, 2 days off; 3 days on 3 days off and will involve weekend work (every other weekend)
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Promote Department safety goals aligned to Plant and Corporate Safety objectives.
- Directly supervise hourly employees in area of responsibility.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Establish and maintain a professional and consistent work environment and healthy facility and provides a great work environment while maintaining positive employee relations.
- Effectively and consistently handle employee issues as they pertain to established employee relations policies including planning work schedules, monitoring performance, controlling attendance and disciplinary problems, and assuring employee conflict resolution.
- Monitor daily operations for production and machinery problems to ensure that such problems are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner in support of the Company's production, quality and safety goals.
- Direct and assist in the training of all department employees including facilitation of regular employee communication/safety meetings, conduct annual OSHA required training, conduct new employee department orientation and ensuring effective on-the-job training.
- Provide leadership through active participation in the development of employees and employee morale. Establish an atmosphere of teamwork to assure the success of the team. Conduct performance appraisals, issue commendations and disciplinary actions and address complaints/resolve problems for all direct reports
- Three to five years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess strong computer skills, to include proficiency in MS Office Suite software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring equipment and tools such as rulers, micrometers, calipers and dial indicators.
If you feel you are suitable for this position please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org