Siamo Recruitment are working in partnership with their prestigious client in Wellingborough, and are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer.
Salary: Dependant on experience (up to £45000 per annum)
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained through product
conformance to agreed quality standards and processes. The responsibility of the Quality
Engineer may cover the entire supply chain, from supplied parts to MPT via the various
production processes through to delivered components at the customer.
- Support supplier and internal assessments against the requirements of industry standards as
required, providing information and explanation as appropriate.
- Support new product introduction through the approval of the initial sample reports, capability
analysis reports, hand-gauging and other product/customer specific activities.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on key quality problems, leading and supporting 8D
- Analyse and report on production performance with the aim of prioritising improvement
- Review and analyse Final View data for the purpose of ensuring the checks made remain
relevant and also to suggest and action improvements in the production process.
- Audit mandatory operator-performed calibrations checks e.g. leak test pass and fail master,
etch quality grading etc. to ensure proper compliance.
- Monitor both internal and external scrap levels, initiating problem solving activities and scrap
- Coordinate the material flow of non-conforming parts from production to resolution.
- Maintain customer driven documentation of quality elements and ensure corrective actions
- Contribute to the update of the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) documents and
Product Control Plans in accordance with changes to process, updating said documentation
- A Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is essential.
- Studying for or have achieved Institute of Quality Assurance membership is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience, preferably within an automotive environment, is
essential, covering APQP and Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Proven experience of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Proven experience of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) activities.
- Proven experience of participating in and/or leading product and process audits.
If you consider yourself suitable for the above role please email your CV and you will be contacted for immediate interview.
If you require any further information please click apply and a member of the dedicated team from Coventry will be in touch.