We are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to join our rapidly expanding client in Bedford on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the Quality Assurance Team and shall work within an ISO 9001:2015 environment and be accountable for the Quality of the Company's products and to ensure that the Company Quality Goals are maintained.
- To work to ISO 9001 Standards as relating to Quality Assurance.
- To be responsible for the Quality of the Company products and components as supplied to customers.
- To be responsible for maintaining Quality records as indicated in the company Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- To be responsible for the recording, co-ordination and response in resolving customer complaints. Investigate non-conformances and perform 8D problem solving.
- To be responsible for recording and actioning Goods Returned.
- To be responsible for monitoring scrap performance, both as a result of company machine shop activity as well as supplier shortcomings.
- To be responsible for the assessment and monitoring of the quality aspects of suppliers, goods and services as they relate to company products and services. Take up any quality queries and issues with suppliers on non-conforming components or materials, through telephone, mail or visits.
- To liaise with outside inspectorates as and when necessary to fulfil special quality requirements.
- To be responsible for the behaviour and performance of any staff reporting to the Quality Manager.
- To inspect components as required for conformance to specification by reference to drawing, documentation and engineering, using full range of inspection instruments, CMM, gauges and non-destructive testing techniques.
- Be a member of the ISO9001 internal audit team and carry out audits to the scheduled plan.
- Inspect completed assemblies and finished parts prior to despatch, making final checks against documentation.
- To participate in ABS Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the Manufacturing Systems Manager.
Key Skills & Experience
- Organised and flexible approach to work with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Pro-active attitude with desire to provide high levels of service.
- Good IT skills i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to prioritise workloads.
- Ability to work under own initiative and under own supervision as well as part of a team
- Target driven and has a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- IRCA QMS certified
- Experience in a busy manufacturing/engineering organisation
- Experience in a customer facing environment.
- Valid UK driving license.
- CMM experience
Ideally you will have done an apprenticeship, worked in machining and then gone into Quality and worked your way up to manager. You must have strong people management skills and an LRQA internal audit qualification and experience of ISO 9001:2015.
Office hours -37 hours per week
25 days holiday and accrual of flexi-time.
Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme.
Apply now or send your CV to email@example.com for a swift response.