Supply Chain. Planning & Logistics Manager
Siamo - Sheffield are currently looking for a Supply Chain, Planning & Logistics Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Director, this is very much a 'hybrid' role that contains a great deal of planning, supply chain, logistics and keeping customer contact in regards to deliveries/demand. A very demanding role.
Manage and develop excellent working relationships / communications with specific customer accounts. To ensure 'best practice' logistics scheduling and transport systems are maintained, with required finished goods stock available on a daily basis to meet agreed deadlines for Customer delivery requirements. Provide daily management of the sales order book and ensure customers are alerted in good time regarding their deliveries. Ensure all customer service OTIF & logistics reports and appropriate analysis is completed. Ensure all customer orders are processed effectively from order receipt to shipment. Provide fast resolution to any customer service / logistics scheduling or delivery issues identified and effect good levels of communication (especially with customers). Use SOUND operations guiding principles for effective decision making.
- Key accountabilities
- Management of best practice customer service / logistics for high OTIF performance.
- Ensure the sales order book is maintained on a timely basis and accurate.
- Ensure finished goods stock is available on a daily basis in-line with transport logistics schedule to meet customer requirements.
- Monitor actual delivery dates versus planned delivery and highlight any issues.
- Provide positive support for WCM/lean improvement initiatives and culture.
- To ensure full compliance with UK Health & Safety Regulations.
- To ensure full compliance with Blachford's quality standards.
- Ensure KPI targets for cost and OTIF service are consistently achieved.
- To adhere to all deadlines and targets set by Operations Director.
- Establish good working relationships with all business functions & external customers.
- Performance Standards
- Excellent standards of Customer Service and Logistics Management, use of best practice tools and structured problem solving, 'hands-on' leadership, customer focus, communication, people management, personal discipline and continuous improvement. A high level of accuracy and practical understanding is critical.
- Demonstrate a good positive attitude, lead by example and resolve problems quickly.
- Demonstrate a good positive attitude, ethical conduct & resolve any problems quickly.
- Adherence to customer requirements, order book, logistics plan & delivery service.
- On-time in full (OTIF) delivery performance >95%.
- An excellent practical understanding of Customer Service and Logistics systems, tools and techniques, with +5 year's experience managing a small quality team in a manufacturing environment. A good rapport with customers is essential.
- Computer literate with good MS Office skills. Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system would be advantageous.
- Occasional travel
- European Languages (desirable)