We are currently recruiting SHIFT MANAGER to work for a recycling firm in Rushden.
The Shift Manager is an integral part of our clients team, the incumbent will help the Senior Operations Management to lead, enforce and develop Environmental, Safety, Quality & Manufacturing activities at the Rushden site and will support at the Sharnbrook site if/when required. S/he will create a strong culture of active leadership to deliver best in class Health, Safety and Environmental standards whilst creating and establishing positive employee relations.
The Shift Manager will lead their Manufacturing teams to deliver success in Key Performance Indicators across Environment, Safety, Quality and productivity.
Hours of Work:
- To ensure 100% compliance to the company EMS and to ensure that the FPP is always adhered to.
- To ensure that all agencies employees have signed our induction requirements and they are compliant with our H&S standards ensuring they work safe and productive at all times.
- To be an active member of all SHEQ activities on site and assist the Operations Management team in achieving best in class standards.
- To assist in the completion of risk assessments and SOP's and to ensure we provide the required level of fully recorded and audited training to all employees.
- To conduct regular safety and environmental inspections and record and action those inspections accordingly.
- To ensure that all members of your team conduct regular tool box talks and department inspections.
- To ensure housekeeping is of a world-class standard and the site is 'visit and audit ready' at all times.
- To ensure that all corrective actions are closed our promptly and robustly with a clear action tracker presented to the Operations Manager as instructed.
- To champion Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules & Regulations.
- To ensure that all products are processed to and dispatched to the required quality standards.
- To complete routine stock checks as instructed by the Operations Manager
- To ensure that manufacturing KPI's are met and achieved and opportunities to improve and investigated and implemented where identified.
- To work closely with the Maintenance team to ensure that all plant and equipment is cleaned, maintained and serviced to a high standard and repaired in a timely manner.
- To identify with the Operations and Maintenance teams the Root causes for downtime and to implement improvement plans to address areas of concern as instructed.
- To ensure that returned products are quarantined and investigated thoroughly.
- To work closely with fellow department managers to ensure that the business is operating at optimum cost and efficiency.
- To oversee the Operations management of all warehousing, goods in and dispatch on site.
- To report as instructed by the Operations Manager on KPI's and to create action plans as required to ensure remedial actions are taken to remedy poor performance.
- To ensure that planning of operations is completed to a high standard and that all planning is in line with goods in and dispatch requirements.
- To ensure that all goods in products are inspected and where appropriate actioned and stopped from entering the site if they fail to meet the required standards.
- To ensure finished stock levels are maintained as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To ensure that all facility's maintenance procedures are completed to a high standard without fail
- To perform any other duties as necessary, as instructed by the Operations manager to carry out the job function to the achievement of company objectives.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
- Extensive knowledge of EHS working practices.
- Extensive manufacturing and operational experience.
- Knowledge of modern quality practices, tools and techniques.
- Experience of leading and managing operational staff/management.
- Confident and influential communicator at all levels.
- Has potential to move to a larger role within 3-4 years
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification
- Relevant Environmental Qualification
- ILM Level 3 in Leadership or above
- Knowledge and experience of working in recycling sector.
The right candidate could start tomorrow, so apply now or alternatively call Northampton Branch and ask to speak to Chris.