Senior Mechanical Design Draughtsperson
The Siamo Group are recruiting for a time served Senior Mechanical Design Draughtsperson for a Medium/Large sized world leading manufacturing company in Chapel-En-Le-Frith, Derbyshire.
This position would suit an individual who enjoys varied and challenging work.
This key role would enable the successful candidate to work as one of the primary mechanical designers on site. You will provide detailed Mechanical Design on systems and sub-systems from defined client specification, this will include creating 3D CAD models, pneumatic schematics and the creation of documentation with the finished project including BOM's & manufacturing drawings.
You'll be responsible for agreeing your own time scales and costs as well as liaising with customers and other departments at different levels. This will enable you to gain knowledge of the company's existing product range, materials, design rules and production techniques with an overall aim of improving production efficiencies.
You will apply design techniques (design for manufacture & design for assembly). Experience of being able to create pneumatic systems would be an advantage, although training can be given. Knowledge and experience of design change control and release procedures MRP and/or ERP systems would be beneficial as well as support of the manufacturing process and resolving/clarifying mechanical issues in products.
- The successful candidate will have up to 10 years' experience as a mechanical design draughtsman using CAD Software.
- 5 years+ practical experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment is necessary and we would anticipate a minimum qualification in an appropriate subject at HND level.
- Experience in the use of applicable directives, norms and standards used in light industrial applications are essential.
- Good knowledge of mechanisms, gearing, basic pneumatics with an ability to perform basic calculations is required.
- Good knowledge of welding and fabrication practices.
- Valid passport holder and clean driving licence required for occasional travel.
- 5 Hours per week + Overtime (Dependant on experience)