Stores Operative (Engineering)
The client are a long-established manufacturer of bespoke, high-quality electrical control panels. With a client base stretching from blue chip (including Honeywell and Centrica) to niche SMEs, The client offers a range of tailored solutions to the HVAC, power, leisure and pharmaceutical industries.
Following a change in ownership in 2018, a process of re-structuring has created an opportunity for a capable and ambitious individual to join our stores function. The successful candidate will join an existing team and will play a key role in executing the day to day activities of the stores and dispatch function.
The control panels that they manufacture range in size and complexity and it is rare for any two to be the same. Consequently, the stores person will need experience of working in a design-to-order environment, ensuring that all the parts needed to manufacture each panel are available when required. Accurately booking in deliveries, picking parts against a bill of materials and co-ordinating the packing, loading and dispatch of finished controls panels are all table stakes for the successful candidate.
The essence of the role is to work within a small and dynamic team to support the wider manufacturing team in the manufacture of high-quality electrical control panels.
Skills and Experience
- A proven team player
- Personally driven to work quickly and effectively to a high standard of quality
- Experience of working to recognised quality systems, such as BS-9001
- Experience of working effectively in a fast moving, manufacturing environment
- Fork lift truck operator licence and driving licence
- Numerate and comfortable with IT systems
- Experience of working in an electrical engineering / manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with ERP systems
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a high standard of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Strong focus on achieving success at an overall, company level
- Focus and emphasis on teamwork to achieve results
- Good English language communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with all types of people, contributing on team level as well as on an individual level
If you're interested in the vacancy above then please call Jordan @ The Siamo Group on 0114 273 7741 or 07816 074 303. Alternatively send me an e-mail; email@example.com