Trainer, Manufacturing Operations
To provide training and competency assessments for factory-based functions, for both permanent and temporary staff, to enable the site to achieve excellent quality, performance and safety standards.
- Liaise with Section Managers to develop training plans to ensure departmental SOPs are trained out and competency tested to the required level.
- Liaise with operational managers to plan, organise, co-ordinate, schedule and deliver induction and skills training for all new Production Operatives, temporary or permanent.
- Provide feedback to employees and their Line Managers both during and at the end of the training/assessment period to highlight areas of strength and areas of further development.
- Support Line Management as necessary to assist individuals to achieve multi-skilling through the identification of training needs, planning and delivery of training.
- Create a culture of compliance, training and competence through the effective coaching of employees, inspiring them to deliver the highest level of standards.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of SOPs and other training materials. Propose and implement updates and improvements to training programmes and materials where necessary.
- Ensure continued compliance and consistency of approach to SOPs by regular monitoring post-assessment and highlight any identified issues to Operational Managers.
- Assist Section Managers in the maintenance of a skills matrix, maintaining detailed training records and achievements for each trainee and provide management information and reports as necessary.
- Manage and communicate KPIs/statistics to relevant stakeholders regarding training delivery.
- Be aware of the need for continuous improvement and undertake a representative role for the Operations Departments on relevant work groups to work with line management to review damages, discrepancies, accidents etc. to actively identify procedural, process, layout and/or equipment changes can be made to improve overall performance in these areas.
- Identify poor practices that could lead to harm and bring these to the attention of operations management and the Compliance Team with a view to re-designing processes, procedures, equipment or guarding etc.
- Adherence to International standard requirements in relation to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (including energy).
- To behave in accordance with the Company values and support corporate and site policies and objectives.
- To comply with the Company Health & Safety rules and requirements at all times and take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others.
- To give priority to exceeding the needs of customers, demonstrating and promoting a customer focused approach to operational activities.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience of training Production Operatives within a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Good operational knowledge of manufacturing functions
- A1 Assessor qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to understand and communicate operational and safety procedural instructions
- Good influencing skills with the ability to challenge and change perceptions about problems and issues
- Confident, assertive, polite, friendly and professional manner
- A working knowledge of MS Office
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing workload and working patterns