Assembly Operatives - Immediate Start Based in Aldridge WS9
Location: Aldridge WS9
Siamo Group are currently recruiting for a leading commercial vehicle bodybuilders business based in Aldridge that requires immediate and long term Assembly Operatives to join their established and growing workforce, with positions leading to permanent after a successful trial period and great career progression potential.
- *Excellent immediate opportunities to join a brilliant team**
The company are based in Aldridge, West Midlands and located within 5 miles of the main motorway network.
They operate out of a 130,000 sq ft factory and build on all manufacturers of commercial vehicle chassis cabs, from the small 3.5 tonne car and van manufacturers, all the way up to the heavy truck manufacturers 26 tonne rigids, including everything in-between.
Purpose of the role To construct and repair metal truck bodies and trailers according to specifications, using hand tools and power tools: Lays out dimensions on metal stock, such as sheet metal and angle iron, using square, rule, and punch.
Shifts - 06.30-16:45 Mon - Thurs. Friday is overtime
Pay Rates - £9.50 negotiable dependant on experience.
- Fits and assembles components, using hand tools and portable power tools, such as drill, riveter.
- Measures and cuts Woodstock and installs wood floors, interiors, insulations, and fixtures, using hand tools, such as hammer, file, screwdriver and power tools such as bandsaw and hand drill.
- Installs electrical wiring for dome lights, taillights, brake lights, and other equipment according to specified procedures.
- May spray or brush paint, primer, or protective coating on wood and metal surfaces.
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping standards in own area In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties.
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to read and understand a technical specification sheet
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Have a high standard and concern for excellence
- Problem solving ability
- Good communication skills
- Good time Management
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Honest and determined
- Ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to follow instructions and abide by Health and Safety regulations
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced environment
- Welding ability
If you feel you are suitable for the position please call the team on 01213848488