Our client is a leading international logistics and distribution company delivering pro-active and innovative logistic solutions.
They are looking for a talented Warehouse Manager to join the team. As Warehouse Manager you will be required to manage a team of 100+ people across a number of shift patterns. You will need to have previous warehouse management experience, a background in e-commerce would be particularly beneficial. and a good knowledge of warehouse operations. A good understanding of profit and loss is also essential. You should have experience of both inbound and outbound goods and a good understanding of inventory management would also be desirable. In addition, experience in a production-line environment would be beneficial.
You will need strong people skills and be able to add value through an engaging management style You will be required to participate in all disciplinary and appraisal reviews and provide development plans for your team. Health and safety features high in this role and it is important that you can implement and maintain the company policies and procedures at all times.
Responsibilities of the job will mainly be:
- Effectively managing your team to maximise productivity and profit whilst minimising damage and cost.
- Leading and developing your team ensuring the correct culture is embedded in order to maintain high customer service levels.
- Managing the agency labour requirements in line with customer forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor and review KPI and SLA targets of your team
- To participate in probation and annual appraisal reviews
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting to maintain high standards of inventory accuracy
- Manage the attendance of your team
- Implement and maintain high standards of health and safety practices.
- Carry out all accident and near miss investigations
- To ensure all consumables are available at all times.
- To provide cover to the General Manager
- To support in the maintenance of the site.
- To be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work.
If you have any of the following, you will be ticking extra boxes:
- NVQ in Warehouse Management
- Knowledge of the HMRC regulations regarding the processing of duty suspended products.
- IOSH managing safely qualification
Your personal attributes will be:
- Quick learner
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent PC literacy - MS Excel and MS Word
- Good numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Team player with the initiative to work alone