Our client is a leading international logistics and distribution company delivering pro-active and innovative logistic solutions.
They are looking for a talented Warehouse Supervisor to join the team. As Warehouse Supervisor you will be required to assist the Warehouse Manager in the management of a team of over 100 people across a number of shift patterns. You will need to have previous warehouse management experience, a background in e-commerce would be particularly beneficial, and a good knowledge of warehouse operations. In addition, experience in a production-line environment would be beneficial. There is great potential for progression. You will be working an any 5 from 6 shift pattern on afternoons. This will involve working 4 out of 6 Sundays with every Saturday off. The shift time is currently 1200hrs-2100hrs.
You will need strong people skills and be able to add value through an engaging management style.
Health and safety features high in this role and it is important that you can assist the Warehouse Manager in maintaining the high standards expected.
Responsibilities of the job will mainly be:
- Effectively managing your team to maximise productivity and profit whilst minimising damage and cost.
- Leading and developing your team ensuring the correct culture is embedded in order to maintain high customer service levels.
- Managing the agency labour requirements in line with customer forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor and review KPI and SLA targets of your team
- To participate in probation and annual appraisal reviews
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting to maintain high standards of inventory accuracy
- Manage the attendance of your team
- Implement and maintain high standards of health and safety practices.
- Carry out all accident and near miss investigations
- To ensure all consumables are available at all times.
- To provide cover to the Warehouse Manager
- To support in the maintenance of the site.
- To be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work.
If you have any of the following, you will be ticking extra boxes:
- NVQ in Warehouse Management
- Knowledge of the HMRC regulations regarding the processing of duty suspended products.
- IOSH managing safely qualification
Your personal attributes will be:
- Quick learner
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent PC literacy - MS Excel and MS Word
- Good numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Team player with the initiative to work alone