Warehouse Shift Manager
My client is a leading logistics and distribution company with representation in six continents and operating in over 120 countries. Established over 50 years ago, they deliver pro-active and innovative logistic solutions.
They are looking for a person to fill the position of a Warehouse Shift Manager. As Warehouse Shift Manager you will be required to manage a team of 30+. You will need to have previous experience within this role and a good knowledge of warehouse operations. A good understanding of profit and loss is also essential.
You will need strong people skills and be able to add value through an engaging management style You will be required to participate in all disciplinary and appraisal reviews and provide development plans for your team.
Health and safety features highly in this role and it is important that you can implement and maintain the company policies and procedures at all times.
Shift pattern any 5 from 7, 1500hrs-0015hrs
The person we are seeking will be mainly responsible for:
- Effectively managing your team to maximise productivity and profit whilst minimising damage and cost.
- Leading and developing your team ensuring the correct culture is embedded in order to maintain high customer service levels.
- Managing the agency labour requirements in line with customer forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor and review KPI and SLA targets of your team
- To participate in probation and annual appraisal reviews
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting to maintain high standards of inventory accuracy
- Manage the attendance of your team
- Implement and maintain high standards of health and safety practices, including the monitoring of daily, weekly, monthly check sheets.
- Carry out all accident and near miss investigations
- To ensure all consumables are available at all times.
- To provide cover to the Warehouse Manager
- To support in the maintenance of the site.
- To be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work.
Skills, Qualifications, Competence Level
The below will be seen as beneficial:
- NVQ in Warehouse Management
- Knowledge of the HMRC regulations regarding the processing of duty suspended products.
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- E-commerce experience
Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or equivalent is required for this role.
Experience in a production line environment also beneficial
Particular aptitude/skill required
- Quick learner
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent PC literacy - MS Excel and MS Word
- Good numeracy skills
- Attention to the details
- Passion for delivering an exception level of customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Team player with the initiative to work alone