Workshop Supervisor - Mechanical/Electrical
A global client of ours in Hemel Hempstead are currently working on a number of large scale international projects. To ensure the continued flow of these projects they requirement for a Workshop Supervisor, reporting directly to the Production Manager.
As a Workshop Supervisor you will be responsible for supporting and managing a team of approximately 15 mechanical / electrical skilled contractors, ensuring they carry out the required work to agreed budget and timescales.
Day to day you will make a difference by…
- Steering production and follow up on the logistic flow in such a way that all units are assembled, tested and packaged correctly according to the contract description.
- Knowing the status of running projects and addressing issues with the involved parties as they arise.
- Production and resource planning to ensure efficient assembly of project units.
- Guard quality and on-time delivery - addressing resource issues according to project needs and timelines.
- Administration and follow up of accidents & incidents.
- Ensuring Health & safety and product quality are your main objectives.
- Taking responsibility for shop floor organisation including; 5S, Tooling, Workshop consumables.
- Being hands-on and supporting workshop engineers with assembly issues where necessary.
- Checking and following up on production labour hours, ensuring all hours are correctly logged on SharePoint.
Who we are looking for...
- A mechanical or electrical background.
- The desire to drive projects forward, on budget and to agreed timescales.
- Ability to manage a large team, and get results by supporting and encouraging.
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
The terms of this role….
- The core working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm. However due to the volume of projects they need flexibility from the post holder to work overtime, which will be paid.
- The role will be based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire - for an initial 3 month period.
- £17 per hour
To be considered for this role you MUST come with Supervisory experience within either an Electrical or Mechanical background.
A great opportunity to work within a fantastic company - apply now for a response today!