Warehouse Team Leader
Our client is a leading international logistics and distribution company delivering pro-active and innovative logistic solutions.
They are looking for warehouse team leaders across the PM and weekend shifts. As warehouse team leader you will be required to support the supervisor in the day to day running of the warehouse operation.
Within your area of responsibility, you will be required to engage with your team and ensure all daily activities are successfully completed whilst maintaining all company policies and procedures.
There are 2 shift requirements, either:
- 15:00 - 00:15 Monday to Friday, or
- 12:00 - 21:00 on this shift you will work on an any 5 from 6 shift pattern, meaning you will need to be prepared to work 4 Sundays out of 6 with every Saturday off.
The person our client is seeking will be mainly responsible for:
- Effectively leading your team to ensure the successful completion of all orders throughout your area of responsibility.
- To ensure all products are located in accordance to the Warehouse Management System.
- Ensure employee compliance to all policies and procedures.
- Monitor employee performance through attitude, pick rates and accuracies
- Maintain high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and general working conditions of the depot are well maintained.
- To ensure all consumables are available at all times.
- Carrying out all task reasonably set by the management team.
The below will be seen as beneficial:
- NVQ in Warehouse and Team Leading
Previous experience as a warehouse leader or equivalent is a benefit but not essential for this role. All training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Quick learner
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent PC literacy - MS Excel and MS Word
- Good numeracy skills
- Attention to the details
- Passion for delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Team player with the initiative to work alone