Warehouse Team Leader
Job Purpose: To ensure that the company's products are received and despatched in accordance with customer's requirements and that stock keeping, storage and picking is done in a timely and efficient way.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To organise and lead team of warehouse operatives.
- To load and unload vehicles both manually and using material handling equipment (manual/electric pallet trucks and forklift).
- Picking orders and splitting loads.
- To liaise with commercial and third party haulage in a timely manner to ensure sufficient and efficient stock holding and to adhere to delivery/ collection schedules agreed.
- To liaise with QA team and third party storage providers in a timely and efficient manner to ensure all inbound deliveries are assessed.
- Packing, stacking and securing of orders.
- Adherence to different temperature regimes for all stock.
- To operate packing machinery when trained and authorised to do so.
- House-keeping - to clean all work surfaces and areas, keeping the areas neat and tidy, disposing of waste in bins provided. The company operates a Clean As You Go policy, which is explained in the training/induction material given.
- To follow all current and any new company and statutory regulations and procedures relating to any of the above.
- The above duties are those normally required by you, however are not exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out tasks as the business dictates. It is a condition of your employment that you carry out any reasonable management requests.
- Promote and demonstrate commitment to company values, behaviours and corporate objectives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity ensuring an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged.
- Manage self and others in accordance with company policies and procedures.