GUITAR PLAYING ELECTRONIC ENGINEER
DO YOU PLAY THE GUITAR AND HAVE A KEEN INTREST AND QUALIFICATION IN ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING, NEW AND BESPOKE ROLE?
Our client is based in Northampton, England with hundreds of years combined experience in guitar amplification design and production.
- Must have a Degree in Electronics Engineering
- At least 7 years commercial experience in electronics
- 100% office based
- Salary: Circa £30K-40K (Neg)
The duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Project lead and design of system architecture.
- Responsible for all research and full development, through full life cycle, of assigned projects.
- Contributing towards new innovative design ideas to drive Blackstar's technology forward.
- Undertaking the building and testing of electronic prototypes.
- Brainstorming new product ideas and technical requirements/ specifications.
- Communicating with UK and overseas teams on project-specific topics.
- Assisting other day-to day technical activities of the R&D department.
- Possible, infrequent overseas travel as required - this is not essential, however can be an exciting opportunity for an engineer to broaden their knowledge and experience.
The ideally sought candidate will possess the following:
- Degree qualified in electronics or similar engineering subject.
- 5+ years' commercial experience in electronic design, ideally within audio electronics.
- Audio experience working with ADC/DAC (Analogue/Digital Converters) and associated components, Op-amps etc.
- High speed digital electronics experience, working with microcontrollers, DSPs etc.
- PCB layout and design experience.
The below skills would be beneficial, however not essential:
- Commercial proficiency using Altium design software.
- Appreciation of EMC and its considerations during design.
- Experience with project ownership, helping to deliver a project, on time and on cost, from initial concept through all sample stages and mass production.
The Person fit:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Guitar or bass player is preferred.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Independent and self-reliant.
- A flexible approach to work.
What to do next
Give Sharna a call today on 01604 439410 Onboard from the comfort of your own home.
We are committed to our job seekers - who are a valued part of our business - and we take great pride in assuring your satisfaction. By working with Siamo Group, job seekers are guaranteed professional, ethical treatment and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this position, please call Sharna on 01604 439410 or simply apply online on this job board and someone will be in touch ASAP!